The student news site of Ramsey Junior High School

The Rampage

Chronister Looks to a New Season

By Amanda Luper and Annie Mullins

coach-c

Erin Chronister has been coaching girls at Ramsey Junior High School for 11 years. She began her career here working with track and basketball and is currently the coach of the Lady Rams volleyball team.  Coach Chronister is looking forward to a great season with this year’s players.  

The fun part of coaching is the building program, she has girls that have played for years and girls that know nothing about volleyball. The experience that the girls develop shows how successful they can become and she loves that .

When asked how she handles new girls who have no experience, Coach Chronister said,

“At tryouts I look for everything: skills, serving, passing, setting, or anything, so I know what I need to fill in.”

According to this year’s group of players, Chronister feels accordingly:

“They’re a fun group, but they also get along at the same time, I expect a lot out of them so I push them extremely    hard.  I believe in my girls, each girl offers something different to the team”. “I love all my girls. They are girls that will do things to help out without me having to tell them.”

The feeling is mutual, the players accept where the coach puts them and each one gives their all for their team.  

“I’ve got girls on the court doing things that I need them to do, and girls on the bench.”

This past weekend the Lady Rams traveled to Conway for the Conway Invitational where they finished in first place. They will be heading to their next tournament this Saturday, September 24, at Southside High School.