Returning Ram

By Freedom Mullins

grey

A returning Ramsey Ram, Ryan Gray teaches seventh, eighth, and ninth grade science and social studies. He attended Ramsey from 1993 through 1996.  Prior to teaching at Ramsey, he taught at Lavaca Middle School for two years and Lavaca High School for six. Mr. Grey had always liked history, but his interest sparked when he began watching war movies with his father.  In addition, Grey says,  

“I had an amazing history teacher at Southside, Mr. Spencer in 1998. He just made history come alive and interesting.”

Teaching was actually his second choice. When he was in high school Mr. Gray wanted to be a computer programming designer, but a year after highschool he says he,

“realized he hated computer programming.”  

Mr. Gray enjoys helping kids, and feeding their young minds with information about science and social studies. Even though Gray doesn’t like programming, he does like that we are a digital school. His previous class was integrated with Google Classroom and the students had iPads.  

“I do think sometimes the computers are a distraction, and kids end up using them to play too much instead of working. But overall I think the all digital school really works at Ramsey and most of my students are very responsible with the laptops. “

He attended University of Arkansas at Fort Smith for seven years completing two undergraduate degrees. He is  currently is going to Arkansas State University for his Masters degree. Mr. Gray is married and has two daughters, one just four months old, and a six year old who attends Fairview Elementary.