The Rampage

Set For Life

Thea Bishop

On July 25, 2017, incoming freshman Hannah Hogue was offered a full ride scholarship to play volleyball for the University of Arkansas. Razorback coaches saw Hogue at their College Experience camp and offered Hogue a scholarship.

“To be honest I was totally shocked and wasn’t really sure what that REALLY meant. I was really excited, but also a little overwhelmed.”

Hogue said that the University of Arkansas was always at the top her list of places to go, but what ultimately made her choose the University of Arkansas was the coaching staff and other recruits they had.

“I really liked the way Coach Watson coached his players, and I liked where they envisioned the program being by the time I get up there. I also liked the other players they’ll have when I get there. The coaching staff knows the type of people they want in their program, character wise as well as volleyball wise, and I really liked that.”

Hogue started playing volleyball when she was nine years old at Girls Inc, and then started playing for the Fort Smith Juniors club volleyball team when she was 10. When asked what Hogue’s favorite part of volleyball is, she said,

“My favorite part of volleyball is probably the game within the game. There is so much more than what’s on the surface and I really like that. Every day I go into the gym I learn something new, and that’s important to me.”

“I’d like to thank my teammates, coaches, family, and anyone else who has taught me anything. Most of all I’d like to give all the glory to God for this life-changing opportunity,” Hogue added.