Respectful, Accountable, Motivated, and Safe

Staff

On Wednesday, October 10 during B lunch there was an incident at Ramsey Junior High School. A .22 caliber bullet was brought to school by a student and was discharged in the courtyard after being thrown repeatedly at the cement. Many students, as well as the staff who cover lunch duty, were present when the incident occurred. Fortunately, no one was injured.

The superintendent’s office, as well as local law enforcement, were notified immediately by the school. Officials moved quickly to investigate the occurrence and appropriately deal with those involved.

Ramsey, along with Fort Smith Public Schools, is dedicated to the safety of all students, staff, and visitors on their campuses. In complete transparency, a call went out to parents and staff the afternoon of October 10 and a letter went home with students the following day.

The primary concern voiced by principal Amy Manley, and all school officials and staff, was for the safety and well being of all students. Students are encouraged to speak up when they are aware of a potential incident. All students should have an adult they feel they can approach with any concerns.

Students, if you think that something you or another student is doing could have dangerous consequences, speak to a trusted adult.  All comments, no matter how frivolous they seem, should be taken seriously if there is any hint of potential harm to anyone.

At Ramsey remember to be Respectful, Accountable, Motivated, and Safe.