Lip sync battle royale

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lip sync battle royale

Staff Writer

Lip Sync BattleThursday, October 31 Ramsey Junior High School held its first annual Teacher Lip Sync Battle.  The event was held as an award for the Live School House with the most points for courage this last quarter. The winning house was the green house, all of those students were admitted for free and received seating in the center section of the auditorium

All other students, members of the blue, red, and yellow houses, were able to purchase admission to the event for one dollar. The lights were dimmed and the stage was set as Mr. Patterson and Mrs. Fry kicked things off with their version of “I Lava You” from the Disney short film of 2015. They were followed up by an upbeat rendition of Ricky Martin’s “Livin’ la Vida Loca” performed by Mr. Navarro with Mrs. Farris and Mrs. Trangmar as his back up dancers.

Next the social studies teachers, Ms. Brown, Mr. Curtis, Mr. Grey, Mrs. Neissl, Mrs. Sutton, and Mr. J. Tomlin channeled their inner disco divas and performed the Village People hit “YMCA” accompanied by much crowd participation. The students remained on their feet for the math department’s Mrs. Blanton, Ms. Daughtery, Mrs. Mulson, and Mrs. Poole and helped sing along to the classic Neil Diamond hit “Sweet Caroline”. The auditorium was filled with a chorus of “dum, dum, dum…” as the ladies ran into the aisles.  The Spice Girls, Mrs. Allen, Mrs. Lincoln, Mrs. Nobles, and Mrs. Trangmar brought us into the ’90s with 1997’s hit “Spice up your Life”.

But the stars of the show had to be the Visco Rams who brought the crowd to their feet and the cell phone flashlights waving with their version Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'”. With officer Love accompanying them on air guitar Mr. Reeves along with coaches Davis, East, Hamilton, Johnson, McKnight, and Neissl, had the crowd going wild and even ended their song with a confetti cannon.

The show wrapped up with a multi-teacher performance of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” choreographed by Mr. Navarro.  The show was a hit with everyone and we hope to see it become a Ramsey Halloween staple in years to come.